Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 4: Your Views on Religion

When I was growing up I lived in a very Mormon neighborhood like my sister said. And just like my sister I went to a big young women's and young men's activity where you are in a plane crash. And like my sister said in her blog the Mormon Church believes in three levels of heaven and the outer darkness (essentially hell). I went this activity at a friend's ward and not the ward I belonged to. Unlike my sister we went to all three levels of heaven and the outer darkness as a group except I was told I would be going to the outer darkness because I did not pay tithing. I remember my dad coming to pick me up that night and getting into the car and I just started balling because I thought I was going to hell. I remember my dad telling me that after everything I have been through in my life God would not send me to hell because I did not pay tithing. This experience and a few others turn me away from the Mormon Church. I do not believe in any one religion and do not judge others for their beliefs in any one religion and hope that they would give me the same consideration. I believe in God. I do not believe that there is any one true religion. And I believe God does not judge you based on your religious beliefs. I believe He judges us based on our choices. I do not push my religious beliefs on anyone and do not want their beliefs pushed on me. I hope that I didn't hurt anyone's feelings by stating what I believe in but this is the truth of my beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment