Monday, March 22, 2010

Age

Sometimes I forget that people don't realize how old I really am. Don't get me wrong I am reminded by someone almost every single day. I get the whole spill about "You are really 25? You don't look it. I thought you were (and then they say some age usually in the teens). Well you will appreciate it when you are older and look like you are in your twenties" It is flattering but hearing so often can get a little annoying. Don't get me wrong I do appreciate it but when you are in your twenties and dating it doesn't help much that guys think you are a teenager. So anyways, I was at Walmart today and bought Twilight: New Moon on DVD and the cashier asked if I had seen it. I said "Oh yeah I went with my sister, brother and a friend of ours to the midnight premiere. Won't do that again. We all decided that we are too old to go to midnight premieres." which at that point she gave me a look and a huh in response. It wasn't until I was walking to my car that I realized that she probably thought "why did that teenage girl think she was too old to go to a midnight premiere of a movie?" and had to kind of laugh to myself about it.Also realized I will probably never wait in line for a midnight release for a movie or a book ever again. Another experience I had at a Walmart on Friday after work. Went there to buy a duffel bag and something to spice up the chicken I was going to make for dinner the next night while staying at my sisters house. What a nightmare that was. Huge line that went from the jewelry counter and all the way back wrapping around to over by the baby supplies. Got it today no problem and no huge line to wait in just to get it.

1 comment:

  1. You are kind of cute - you know that?? I sure love you!!!

    ReplyDelete